Pittsburgh/Allegheny County Healthy Start:
- Of the 310 African American infants born to program participants 277 or 89% were of normal weight and healthy.
- Of the 65 program participants who smoke, 52 or 80% accepted a referral to a smoking cessation program.
- Of the 787 program participants, 776 or 98.6% of program participants had adequate sleeping arrangements for their infants.
- The Helpline assists more than 2,500 people annually and includes our 24-Hour Lactation/ Breastfeeding Consultation support program.
- 100% of our Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCNs) received the specialized and necessary medical and developmental support services.
Fayette/Westmoreland Counties Healthy Start:
- Of 80 pregnant participants enrolled, 96% (77/80) were connected to a prenatal care provider by the end of the first trimester.
- Since 2000, smoking rates have dropped from an average of 40% to 24%, and depression rates dropped from 30% to 17%.
HSI’s Promoting Responsible Fatherhood (PRF):
- Provided in-home case management services to 468 women and men.
- Screened and referred 350 males for depression using the PHQ9.
- Increased the percentage of our fathers who have access to and utilize health insurance for themselves and their families.